1. A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
2. The love of money is the root of all evil.
3. If wherever you go you’re tight with money, you’ll find your welcome will not be sunny.
4. Better eight hundred in cash than a thousand on credit.
5. The rich are not kind, nor the kind, rich.
6. No amount of money can make others speak well of you behind your back.
7. The spendthrift rich never have enough, but the thrifty poor always have a little put by.
8. If small money does not go out, big money will not come in.
10. With money, you can make the devil push a millstone.
11. Money can move the gods.
12. A thousand friends when you’re paying the bills, but none to be seen when you’ve got ills.
13. Money made through dishonest practices will not last long.
14. He who has wine and meat will have many friends.
15. It’s not money that brings happiness, it’s lots of money.
16. Those who spend too fast never grow rich.