This article is a part of the recurring income guide. In part one we talked about the need to plan to have a recurring income sources.
On this link you can access all the recurring income tutorials…
Putting 9-5 in the Right Perspective
Have you ever seen a wealthy man who works at a 9-5 job? I haven’t seen.
In all my presentations, I’ve always advised people who are working at a job to..
1. Do your best where you are working at the moment
2. Plan to start your own business eventually
3. The time is coming when, its either you quit, or they’ll quit you.
In this country I’ve seen how thousands of people have been laid off of their jobs and because many do not have any plans in place to start their own businesses, have been thrown into confusion, depression and severe trauma
Image credit: Empower Network
Our School System Got it all Wrong
I don’t know where you live and where you’re from, but over here in my country people go to school just to graduate and come look for a job. And to me, that is very wrong reason to go to school.
I hope I will have the opportunity to draw my own syllable in time to come. The purpose of school should be to teach children how to start their own businesses and build their own economies when they’re out of school.
Some years ago, I was a guest speaker in one of Nigeria’s universities. When my time came, I took the stage and the first things I said to those students were…
“Look guys, I know you’re all trying to graduate with a good degree and then look for a good job. Now be informed ahead of time, I’m coming from the outside world where you’re preparing to go, there are no jobs there.”
I told them that there are too few jobs and too many folks struggling for the jobs. The ratio is like 1 to 500, if not even more severe.
The other day I read that 55,000 people applied for 26 positions in an organization. How do we explain that?
What to do if you are working at the Moment
1. Start taking some business seminars and classes. Learn how it works in the business world.
2. Locate a mentor and start building a business relationship.
3. Do you have a marketable skill? Maybe you should start taking some online classes on specific skills development.
4. Start saving towards your business. Don’t hope on your pension or gratuity.
5. Can you start a part-time venture while still working? To some jobs, you might have the time, but others may not have the time. If you have some time, start a part-time business now.
If you must create a passive income, you need to put 9-5 job in the right perspective.
Talk to you later